I was simply amazed by the wonder that was created by the make up and the computer graphics team working in tandem. Its was an absolute work of art. I have always had this liking for Autobiographies/Life History kind of movies and books, so it was natural for me to like this movie as well. The movie shuttles between the past and present similar to Kamal Haasan's "Hey Ram" and was narrative like Tom Hanks' "Forrest Gump" - both of which are movies that I have loved in the past.
I was impressed by Brad Pitt's impeccable acting skills. What also impressed me was the guts he had to kill his "cool dude" image (which ladies worldwide fall for) and adorn this character of a old man for almost three quarter of the movie. Hats off to him .. :)
- My name is Benjamin Button, and I was born under unusual circumstances. While everyone else was aging, I was gettin' younger... all alone
- Along the way you bump into people who make a dent on your life.
- You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go.
- Letter to his daughter: For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people who have a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.
- Sometimes we're on a collision course, and we just don't know it. Whether it's by accident or by design, there's not a thing we can do about it.
- About Daisy: I think, right there and then, she realized none of us is perfect forever.
- Mrs. Maple : Benjamin, we're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?